My Travels

My Travels
Koh Phangan, Thailand

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What is the next adventure?

Deck of Cards: Choose a Country


I am so excited as I think about what is ahead! It is really cool to be able to have this awesome opportunity to teach and travel. I never imagined that I would be able to choose virtually any country I'd like to teach in and spend a year or so there, very thankful to God for this awesomeness!



A close friend of mine recently told me that she had a vision of me choosing where I would go next and having so many options to choose from. She saw a deck of cards in front of me, each card being a different country. I hope to be used by God where ever I go, to learn all I can while I am there, to make new friends and broaden my perspective. I love learning about different cultures and want to leave a mark for the positive on those I come in contact with. 

Where to next? I have several choices now that I am seriously considering and am looking forward to the next year- I will be starting somewhere in the fall in a few short weeks and it is so cool to think that I could be in another new country shortly, even though I don't know where that is right now. 

How about you? If you had the choice to go anywhere for a year to live and work, where would it be?

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
C. S. Lewis


Don't let anything stop you-whatever your dream is, whatever your goal is, now is the time to start to make it happen! What do you really want? What do you want to accomplish? What is the dream you wish to pursue? You can make it happen!

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere." C.S. Lewis

More to come, this is just a short update- next posting will be more about the different countries I am considering- or maybe the one I have decided on! 


Countries in the running: (Which one would you vote for?)


South Korea
 Taiwan
Thailand
 Paraguay
Indonesia
Russia
Belize
Romania
China
Saudi Arabia
Belize 
Peru 
Turkey
Mexico
India
Nigeria
Greece
Georgia
Czech Republic
Japan
Italy
Israel
Brazil
The Journey continues- which boat to take? This is a photo I took of my travels in Thailand: on the beach where I stayed on Koh Phangan



No comments: